Tuesday 12 January 2010

Tuesday, January 12th - the canoe

I feel i should explain. The reason I got given this origami calendar is because before this year, I could only fold one thing: a paper boat.
So i had a little giggle to myself when I saw that today I would be making the poor man's boat - a canoe. No offence meant to the canoeist. Boats are bigger. And they have sails.
The boat would have been easy if I knew what a gusset was. Ever the avid googler, I went to find out. The first definition I found was a piece of chain mail covering a place uncovered by armor plate. That can't be right.
Then I looked a little further down. A gusset is also a triangular insert. I assumed then that gussets wre the triangle bits i had folded. and yes, when I folded the sleeve back in, over the gussets, I got a canoe. And now I know a new word.

No comments:

Post a Comment