Sunday 1 August 2010

Saturday, July 31st and Sunday, August 1st - The nesting bird

August already?????? One of the reasons Im so surprised is because manchester doesnt get much summer weather so time passes strangely in the summer in manchester, you cant rely on the weather to tell you what time of year it is.
Anyway, my nesting bird didnt come out right for some reason. It went so badly that I actually have to tell you that the head is on the left and the tail is on the right.........So now onto inception. Havent seen it yet? Dont worry, i wont put in any spoilers. All ill say is that its good, and one of the reasons I was impressed with it is that it didnt bother trying to mess with the neuroscience. One of the things about films of this genres that always gets on my nerves is when they try to pinpoint the neuroscience involved in their crazy plot. It always backfires (at least when Im watching). the example I always use (and I may have already used in this blog, i cant remember) is the butterfly effect where the doctor is pointing out a part of the brain and ashton kutcher goes "thats where the memories are stored". Well no its not. The part of the brain they were pointing at has, to my knowledge, absolutely nothing to do with memory, and I cant watch that scene without having a go at the tv. So in inception, the fact that they dont try to explain anything about the biological basis of dreaming, the sleep stages involved, or anything else neuroscience related was a breath of fresh air. hats off to them

No comments:

Post a Comment