Tuesday 23 February 2010

Tuesday, February 23rd - the minnow

The minnow seemed simple enough. And it was. Until the last step. The last step was really rather cryptic. It seemed to involve folding back a portion of the tail. However, it didn't specify which portion and what was supposed to happen afterwards. All i had to work with was two dotted lines and a weird looking arrow. It took me a long time.First i tried to follow the instructions. That didnt work. So i tried to look at the picture and work out how to end up there. That didnt work either. So i had to stop and have a think.
Now here I need to clarify something. Im not the type of person who enjoys having to stop and think. I like to either know what Im doing or have someone nearby who knows what im doing. when i need to stop and think, it means im really feeling lost.
So i had a think. And then i went "i wonder what happens if i fold it like this and then pull out like this". hey presto! a minnow!!
And if you google minnow, youll see that my origami does actually kind of look like a minnow...
PS One of my faithful readers sent me a link today that I thought i'd share. Its an origami MP3 player!!! http://www.fastcompany.com/1558138/the-origami-mp3-player

No comments:

Post a Comment