Sunday 11 April 2010

Friday, April 9th, Saturday April 10th and Sunday April 11th - the carnation

In the spirit of spring, over the weekend the activity was to make a carnation. I had trouble, but only because my head wasnt really in it and I kept making stupid mistakes.
When I made the stem I had to use a fish base but couldnt for the life of me remember how to do it so went to check. When I had referred back to my handy reminder cards, i started folding the fish base. I used to wrong bit of paper. I accidently started folding with the instructions to make the stem, thus making it impossible to keep going. I had to go back and use the right bit of paper.
Then I did it upside down so that it looked ok for the first 2 steps, but then it stopped making sense, so i had to go back and start again, again.
I got a carnation looking thing in the end, but I would suggest that since theyre so cheap anyway, you just go and get some real ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment