Sunday 17 January 2010

Friday 15th January, Saturday 16th January and Sunday 17th January

I am grouping these three days together for two reasons. The first is that the origami for these days is related. On friday the origami consisted of mastering two new folds, which were then used for the weekend project. The second reason I am grouping these days together is that I wasn't near my computer over the weekend and can't be bothered to pretend that I was. Im a busy girl.
So friday, I learnt the inside reverse fold and the outside reverse fold. Now i would just like to point out that the inside reverse fold is a lot like the instruction to squash down a corner, only slightly more elaborate, so I had no problem doing that. The outside reverse fold was a little more elusive. It involves folding in half, creasing, then unfolding and creasing backwards whilst refolding. Confused? So was I. But by some fluke I managed it and worked out the movement I needed to complete the fold. The question is whether ill remember how to do it in a few months when this fold comes up again.
So onto the weekend. The penguin boat ride. And compared to the penguin I did a few days ago, this penguin did not deceive. It looks a little like a penguin. and it's riding in a boat! all with one magical square of paper and three steps! That's two folds, one inside reverse fold and one outside reverse fold! I can tell you I was impressed. I intend to learn how to do this one off by heart because I think this one will be an excellent party trick.
Yes I'll admit it, I'm feeling like a little bit of a loser tonight.
But then I am the author of a blog dedicated to origami........

No comments:

Post a Comment