Thursday 14 January 2010

Thursday, January 14th - the peppy envelope

When you type into google "define peppy", you discover that peppy means bouncing. There are no other definitions, although there is a reference from wikipedia to the star fox team, but I don't think that's related to our envelope.
The peppy envelope is pointless. Ok so origami in itself is pointless but when you're folding something that in the normal origamiless world is actually useful for something, making it completely useless doesn't score highly in my book.
Here's why its useless. To make a peppy envelope, you need a perfectly square sheet of paper. Who has that lying around? On top of that I found it incredible hard to close the envelope (but that might just be me and my retarded folding).
Now for the obvious bit. How is the envelope peppy? It doesn't bounce. I dropped it on the floor to check. It's not particularly pretty. Its just an envelope. And a useless one at that.
I think I may have been more satisfied if the makers of the calendar had just called it an envelope, instead of adding the adjective peppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment