Monday 4 January 2010

Monday, January 4th - the sled

Appropriately, today's origami work of art was: the sled. I say appropriately because all the pavements outside are covered with a sheet of ice and the only safe way of getting anywhere would be with a sled. which I now have. Although it is made out of paper so I'm not sure it will work.
Anyway, now that I have mastered the valley fold this one was quite easy since it was almost entirely composed of valley folds. I did find it quite difficult to fold the corners diagonally down to the centre point. apparently ive never been very good at finding the centre of things.
It turns out that finding the centre of the sled was the crucial bit as I had to create flaps that once I had finished folding I would pull up and, hey presto, there was my sled. the first time I pulled the flaps up my sled fell apart. Turns out I hadn't found the centre.
When I had finally completed my sled I looked at it and I don't really think its a sled. Ive never seen a sled shaped like that anyway. You get to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment