Wednesday 6 January 2010

Wednesday, January 6th - the raincoat

Today's origami was by far the hardest so far. it didn't look it at first glance. But then I realised why it looked easy. By this point it is assumed that I do not need step by step explanations to go with the pictures. I should be able to understand the diagrams.
I did not. Two diagrams (out of five) were completely beyond me. the first took me a full fifteen minutes of staring and referring to the helpful cards before i finally understood that all I had to do was fold it over.
The second diagram i think was evil and mean and should be burned. It asks me to squash the top corners down, indicated by fat arrows. Now ive seen these arrows before, when I made the dove, and i did no squashing, which makes me think that either the term squashing is incorrect or I did something wrong with the dove (the latter is probably the most likely).
So i tried to squash the top corners dowm. Probelm: there are two sets of top corners. It took me 10 minutes to realise i was trying to squash down the wrong corners. It took me another 10 minutes to discover that squashing really isnt the best descriptive term and another 10 minutes of frantic folding and unfolding before I got something that looked remotely like a raincoat.
I did not like today's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment