Friday 8 January 2010

Friday, January 8th - the penguin

I love penguins. That is something that has to be made clear from the start. I love penguins so much that for the past 5 christmasses (at least), I have a largely penguin themed set of gifts. I own two copies of march of the penguins (it came out in french before it came out in english), happy feet on dvd and the wii game, and I almost cried when watching Life because they filmed a leopard seal killing a penguin.
So I was excited about today's venture: the penguin. I must remember never to get my hopes up about origami again. Its a piece of paper folded into a triangle. When I did first go, i desperately hoped that I had done something wrong because it looked so bloody rubbish. That's not a penguin at all! Granted I think the fact that the paper was pink didnt help.
By the way about the fact that all my origami has been pink so far, let me explain. The origami calendar has a colour for every month. January is pink. The way the calendar works is that you use yesterdays sheet as your folding paper. meaning that until february 2nd, my origami will be pink.....
Anyway, maybe i expect too much from origami, but I do expect my penguins to be good, not this. I am not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment