Sunday 10 January 2010

Saturday, January 9th and Sunday, January 10th

Ah the weekend. When my origami calendar becomes lame. Last week I complained that they only provided one activity for the whole weekend. This week they provided nothing.
Instead, they provided handy origami folding tips. Now these tips were not provided 10 days ago, when I was starting out and needed the tips. I have spent ten days struggling by myself and now already know everything they provide in the tips.
For example the first tip is to fold my models on a clean flat surface. well duh. If you havent worked out that your origami is better when you use a table/book/the floor than when you use your housemates head as support, then maybe you should quit now.
Or "always follow the instructions carefully". Yeah, theyre telling me this now. I was wondering why my origami was coming out funny.
All the tips provided are blatantly obvious after a week or trial and toil.
The last tip is probably the best. Don't get frustrated. As you can probably tell by this entry, I've failed on this one today. But its actually the calendar's fault. The calendar shouldnt wait a week before giving me tips I don't need anymore. The calendar should also give me something exciting to do on weekends.
Stupid calendar.
No photo today. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment