Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday, January 5th - the snow day

Today, I had my first ever snow day. Not having been born in a temperate climate, I missed out on childhood snow days and never thought I would be lucky enough to get told not to bother coming in because of the snow. That didnt happen today.
Today I borrowed my housemates wellies (size 8, my feet are size 4), put some thick socks on and trudged through the snow to work. I was about halfway through doing all the things that needed to be done today when someone came and told me Id have to pack up and go home. So I put my housemates wellies on and trudged back home to do my origami.
Today's origami, the dove, not only required folding, but also using scissors to cut out the tail. Im not very good with scissors, my mother could never show off how artistic i was, because I wasnt.
To be fair it wasn't too difficult, I just wish I felt like I knew what I was doing when I was doing it, instead of going blindly and hoping it comes out looking like the picture. Oh well, i guess practice makes perfect right?

No comments:

Post a Comment